Any piece of equipment that handles as much water as your plumbing system does is bound to develop leaks. But because the majority of your plumbing is installed behind your walls or floors it makes it difficult to tell if you have water leaks, let alone to access and fix a leak. However, there are some signs to watch and listen for that could indicate that you need to call for water leak detection.
- Drop in water pressure – The water that comes into your home from your utility company is under pressure in order to travel through your pipes and out your fixtures and appliances. If you experience a drop in water pressure it could be that you have a water leak somewhere.
- Sound of running water – Another way that many homeowners discover that they have a water leak is by listening for it. If all your appliances and fixtures are turned off but you still hear water running it could be because of water leaks.
- Warm basement floor – If you notice that your basement floor is warm to the touch, it might be because the water line passing through the cement slab is leaking. If you need repair for slab leaks in Stockton, CA just call Lovotti Air.
- Lush vegetation – If you see that certain areas of your yard are lusher than others it could be that you have a water leak in the ground that is providing more nourishment to those plants.
- Soggy patches – Do you have soggy patches of your yard for no reason? It might be from a water leak.